Portland Friends Meeting House Rentals – Pay as Led
Offering the meetinghouse for use is a form of outreach. Portland Friends want the building to be available for community use. During 2017, we are experimenting with a “pay as led” policy for all groups and users. We ask you to consider making a donation that fits your budget and helps cover the cost of your use of the building.
Who May Use the Meeting House
The Meeting House will be available for rent to individuals, groups and organizations with similar values/concerns as Friends. When individuals or groups requesting rental are unknown to the Meetinghouse Use Coordinator, other experienced members may be consulted to assist that person to consider such requests for rental.
- The Meeting House will be available to members and attenders of Portland Friends Meeting as follows:
- for Meeting-related activities at no cost.
- for celebration of life events such as birthdays, marriage or memorial services for a donation.
- The Meeting House is available for day use by other Quaker organizations such as New England Yearly Meeting or Quarterly Meeting if limited to 1 time use per quarter at no cost. More frequent use each quarter will be at our published rental fees.
- The Meeting House will be available to NEYM for weekend use at a small donation offered, if limited to 1 time use per quarter. More frequent use each quarter will be at our published rental fees.
- Maximum number of people for overnight retreats held at the meeting house is 60
- Maximum number of people for day use is 100-110 in the Worship Room.
- The Parking Lot accommodates about 35 cars during weekdays, with 20 additional spaces available on Sunday Mornings. Beyond this, drivers will need to find on street parking.
Rental Fees Portland Friends Meeting House 2009-2016
|2-4 hours||4+ hours|
|Meeting Room parlor and library||$100||$140|
|Parlor and library||$50||$60|
|First Floor classroom||$40||$55|
|Second Floor Classroom||$40||$55|
|Multi-purpose area, no kitchen||$70||$105|
|Multi-purpose area & kitchen||$115||$160|
|Whole building except kitchen||$230||$300|
|Whole building including kitchen||$270||$360|
|Basement Childrens’ Room||$40||$55|
Please see the Responsibilities for Renters of Portland Friends Meetinghouse for more information.