Welcome to Portland Friends Meeting
We invite you to join us for Meeting for Worship – See details below
At the core of Quaker Faith is our belief that there is that of God in every person. It is our trust that all people can have a direct inward experience of divine love, healing and guidance. We have learned that through responding to this guidance we can come to have lives reflecting the light and love of God. This is the hope, the invitation and the promise that gathers us as a people called “Friends.”
Portland Friends Meeting is an open and affirming community which welcomes attenders from many faith traditions.
Worship is held:
COVID NOTE as of 10/09/21:
Due to ongoing high local Covid rates, we are experimenting with a variety of different worship formats, both in person and online. To find out about upcoming Meetings for Worship or to receive the Zoom link, please email Lyn and Rob, the Co-Clerks.
Here is our schedule for the rest of October and November:
- Sunday, October 10 at 10:30 a.m. - Weather permitting, in-person outdoor worship at the Friends School of Portland (11 U.S. Route 1 in Cumberland). Special Intergenerational Worship with a guest storyteller, children welcome and encouraged. Masks recommended. There will also be a zoom option for those who cannot attend in person. And if weather is inclement we will have worship only on Zoom.
- Sunday October 17 – Zoom Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Outdoor in-person at FSP at 11 a.m.
- Sunday October 24 - Zoom Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Outdoor in-person at FSP at 11 a.m.
- Sunday October 31 - Zoom Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Outdoor in-person at FSP at 11 a.m. – Tentative: Intergenerational and Interspecies Worship – Bring Your Pet or Stuffie to Meeting Day! (more details to follow)
- Sunday, November 7 – Zoom Meeting for Business at 9:00 a.m. Zoom Meeting for Worship at 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday November 14 – Zoom Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Outdoor in-person at FSP at 11 a.m.
- Sunday November 21 – Zoom Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Outdoor in-person at FSP at 11 a.m.
- Sunday November 28 – Zoom Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Outdoor in-person at FSP at 11 a.m.
All outdoor FSP meetings will be dependent on weather, with any cancellation or delay decisions posted on the e-group and this webs page by 9:00 a.m. that Sunday. Masks are encouraged at all of the FSP meetings, and please bring your own chairs if you can, although we'll have extras on hand. And remember to bring lots of layers, including blankets and sleeping bags, as we get into cooler temps.
To receive regular communications about Sunday worship and other Meeting matters, you can sign up to receive our weekly e-group announcements. More information here.
Young Adult Friends Midweek Worship: On Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. there is also unprogrammed worship followed by friendly conversation, in a small group of people in their 20’s and 30’s. For location and information, contact the Young Adult Friends Coordinator.